Nutrition in the context of the HIV pandemic is indivisible from health and human rights.
Zero Hunger Challenge
1. Mopani Tree cultivation and reforestation in Limpopo Province
2. Moringa Tree cultivation in Tzaneen area, Mopani district. We are cultivating 2000 seedlings that will be planted to be our first Moringa plantation. This is part of our efforts to ensure people living with HIV, children and the elderly in rural areas get the nutrients they need.
Moringa leaves are loaded with vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and more. One hundred grams of dry moringa leaf contains:
- 9 times the protein of yogurt
- 10 times the vitamin A of carrots
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 17 times the calcium of milk
- 12 times the vitamin C of oranges
- 25 times the iron of spinach
3. Indigenous vegetable gardens in Venda